The following procedure has to be followed for RENEWAL of Driving licence.
Application for renewal of driving licence can be made within 30 days from the date of expiry of validity of driving licence
Application and documents:
- Application form in CMV 9 available at the enquiry counter.
- Application-cum-declaration as to the physical fitness in form CMV 1 and Medical Certificate in form CMV 1A in case of applicant
who completed 40 years of age.
- Holder of DL for transport vehicle shall produce physical fitness and medical certificate at the time of renewal of DL.
- 3 recent passport size photographs
- driving licence (Book or PVC Card).
1. Fees: (payable at the RTO cash counter):
- Rs. 50/- in case of Renewal at DL Book if within 30 days from the date of expiry of Driving Licence.
- In respect of renewal of driving licence in form 6(DL Book)/form 7 (PVC Card) if application is made after the grace period
(after 30 days of expiry of DL) Rs. 100/- and an additional fee of Rs. 50/- for a period of delay of one year or part thereof reckoned from the date of expiry of grace period.
- In addition to the above, Rs. 215/- for Renewal of PVC Card.
2. Where to file an application ?
- The application with above documents has to be submitted to Asst. R.T.O.(Driving Licence Branch).
The driving licence will be renewed for the period of five years in respect of Non-Transport Vehicle and
three years for Transport vehicles. The renewed driving licence will be delivered on the same day between
4.30 – 5.30 pm if the licence is obtained in the same office. In other cases after 20 days between 4.30 pm and 5.30 pm since it
requires verification and involves correspondence.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT PRO/ARTO/RTO CONCERNED