The following procedure has to be followed for obtaining learnerís licence
1. The applicant shall use the internet and access Transport Departments website http://www.kar.nic.in and do the browser settings for local settings if he/she is using other than Internet Explorer 8 and above as given in the above online services weblink. After carefully filling up the details and saving the information keyed in you would get Web Application number(SOW-id,Sarathi Over Web)and you have to print Application Form (CMV 2) and approach the relevant Licencing authority.
- 1.1 Three
recent passport size photographs required.
- 1.2 Proof of address:(to produce any one of the following)
- Ration Card
- LIC Policy
- Electoral Roll
- Telephone Bill
- Electricity Bill
- Water Bill
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST, Backward Class and Minorties, etc.) and Income Certificate issued by Tahasildar.
- Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State
Government or a Local body.
- Ration CardSelf swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of age and address.
- Proof of legal presence in India in addition to proof of residence in case of foreigners.
- 1.3 Proof of Age: (to produce any one of the
- School Certificate.
- Birth Certificate.
- PAN card.
- Certificate granted by the registered medical practitioner not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon.
- Self swearing Affidavit by an applicant before an executive Magistrate or a First Class Judicial Magistrate or a Notary Public as evidence of age and address.
2.Fees to be paid at the RTO/ARTO cash counter.
3.Minimum Age Requirements:
- 3.1 Age between 16 and 18 years:
- - The applicant shall have attained the age of 16 years in case of motor cycle with
engine capacity not exceeding 50 cc .
- - The consent/declaration of the parents/guardian is necessary and consent shall be
given before the licencing authority.
- 3.2 Age 18 Years and above:
- - The
applicant shall have attained the age of 18 years in case of motor cycle with
gear or light motor vehicle.
- 3.3 For Transport Vehicle:
- - The applicant shall have attained the age of 20 years in case of
Transport Vehicles (Autorickshaw cab, Taxi, Goods
Vehicle, Bus etc.)
- - In case of transport vehicles one year driving experience of light motor vehicle is required.
- - Medical certificate in form no. CMV 1 and CMV 1A is necessary in case of transport vehicle.
4. Where the application has to be filed ?
Application along with above documents
shall be presented by the applicant before the Asst. R.T.O. (Driving Licence Branch).
5. Preliminary Test :
- Written test/STALL(Screen Test Aid for Learners Licence) will be conducted for the applicants who have passed SSLC and
above. This test will be of multiple choice objective type questions.
- In case of others, oral test will be conducted.
- These tests will be conducted by the Inspector of Motor Vehicles.
* Applicants who are already having Driving Licence are exempted from preliminary test
in case addition of new class of vehicle.
6. Subjects for Preliminary Test:
- Traffic signs & signals, rules of the road regulations made under section 118 of Motor Vehicles Act.
- Duties of driver when his vehicle is involved in an accident resulting in death or bodily injury of a person or damage to property of a third party.
- Precautions to be taken while passing un-manned railway crossing and
- The Documents he should carry with him while driving a vehicle.
7.Applicants who have passed can collect their learnerís licence between 4.30Ė5.30pm on the same day/appearing for STALL can get LL on spot after passing the test.
8. Re-appearance for test in case failed candidates:
along with documents will be returned to the failed applicant and he can re-appear for test on the next day
The validity of the learner licence will be for six months and it will not be renewed further. The learner's licence is valid throughout India.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT P.R.O/A.R.T.O/R.T.O CONCERNED